Saturday, September 22, 2012

Night Log 2012-09-21

SA: Brent
SO: Thea
Others:

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Summary
----------------------------------------------------------------------


"Some of my pleasantest hours were during the long rain-storms in the spring or fall, which confined me to the house for the afternoon as well as the forenoon, soothed by their ceaseless roar and pelting; when an early twilight ushered in a long evening in which many thoughts had time to take root and unfold themselves.
...
Men frequently say to me, "I should think you would feel lonesome down there, and want to be nearer to folks, rainy and snowy days and nights especially." I am tempted to reply to such -- This whole earth which we inhabit is but a point in space. How far apart, think you, dwell the two most distant inhabitants of yonder star, the breadth of whose disk cannot be appreciated by SCAM or RSS? Why should I feel lonely? is not our planet in the Milky Way?"

--Walden, H. D. Thoreau

(High humidity, heavy clouds and rain)

No comments:

Post a Comment